Together with my fellow ward Councillors and Alderman for the Ward of Cheap we work hard to support our local businesses, City workers and residents focussing on the following priorities:
- Supporting a vibrant Cheapside business community
- Improving air quality
- Road safety for all users
- Ending rough sleeping and homelessness
- Investing in the City as a world centre for culture and commerce
- Promoting diversity and social mobility
- Ensuring a safe City, address begging and tackle anti-social behaviour
- Protecting and promoting the City post-Brexit
- Stewarding the City Corporation’s investment and charity projects
In addition to our team priorities I focus on enhancing the City’s commitment to invest in culture and education in London.
At the start of 2022 we asked City workers and businesses directly to discuss their priorities, and we shared a survey to collect views.
The two top priorities were clear, 75% of respondents expect strong engagement and clear communications from us as your Councillors, and 87% said that ensuring the City remains globally competitive should be our top priority.
This feedback has shaped our commitments – Click here to read more about our manifesto.
We are determined to continue to listen to local City workers, businesses and residents, and represent their views to help accelerate the City’s recovery, keeping it globally competitive and locally vibrant.