City of London Corporation positions
I am a member of the following Committees:
- Policy and Resources Committee
- Police Authority Board
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Sub Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Public Relations and Economic Development Sub (P&R) Committee
- Resource Allocation Sub (P&R) Committee
- Investment Committee
- Education Board
- Professional Standards and Integrity Sub (Police) Committee
- Performance and Resource Management Sub (Police) Committee
- Port Health & Environmental Services Committee
- Culture, Heritage and Libraries Committee
In addition, I serve on the Cultural Mile Working Group and the Members Diversity Working Party looking at actions to improve diversity and representation in the City Corporation. I also represent the City as Governor at The City Academy Hackney, which is co-sponsored by the City and KPMG, and at the City of London School for Girls.
Policy and Resources Committee
Policy and Resources is the main committee of the Corporation responsible for the City Corporation’s governance arrangements, recommending its strategic priorities, agreeing policy, allocating overall resources and overseeing the City’s security and emergency planning arrangements. The Committee is also tasked with directing the City Corporation’s economic development initiatives and the activities associated with the promotion of the City of London as the world’s leading international financial and business centre and as a place within which to do business.
You can find more about my role as Common Councilman on the Corporation’s website.