City of London Corporation positions
I am a member of the following main Committees:
- Policy and Resources Committee
- Police Authority Board
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Sub Committee (Deputy Chair)
- Public Relations and Economic Development Sub Committee
- Resource Allocation Sub Committee
- Investment Committee and Property Investment Board
- Education Board
- Port Health & Environmental Services Committee
In addition, I serve on the Cultural Mile Working Group and the Members Diversity Working Party looking at actions to improve diversity and representation in the City Corporation.
Policy and Resources Committee
Policy and Resources is the main committee of the Corporation responsible for the City Corporation’s governance arrangements, recommending its strategic priorities, agreeing policy, allocating overall resources and overseeing the City’s security and emergency planning arrangements. The Committee is also tasked with directing the City Corporation’s economic development initiatives and the activities associated with the promotion of the City of London as the world’s leading international financial and business centre and as a place within which to do business.
You can find more about my role as Common Councillor on the Corporation’s website.